Sunday, October 29, 2006

I have to stop and listen to my body

So I started my new medication a couple of nights ago, and I have to say that it takes me on a really weird psychedelic trip. I take it at night and when I’m in that sort of awake, sort of asleep phase things start flying out at me, lights flash. It’s really crazy. I hope it’s just my body getting used to the meds or else I’m going to have to change.

I woke up at 6:15, so stuffed up that I couldn’t breath. It wasn’t a great feeling at all. I wanted to cancel my party, but how can you when you’ve got six other independent consultants and a number of guests all coming? I started to feel a bit better as the day went on, but boy am I ever suffering now. I have very little voice left.

I think the open house went really well. Everyone loved my gift basket, door prize. Most of the other consultants were thrilled with the work I’d put into it. I think everyone got one or two sales. Smiles all around. I got a few Christmas gifts for people and some really nice hostess gifts. I got some Creative Memories stuff; yeah, scrapbooking time. I got a few nice serving platters and some cool Christmas decorations. I do wish that I would have gotten more than one Avon order, but perhaps they will come.

The boys, including Hubby, were such a big help getting things ready. They’re also all taking really good care of me with my cold/flu thing. Doodles even dusted the snow off my ghosts. Although they seem to be falling down under the weight of the snow. You also can barely see my graveyard or other things. I can’t believe that we still haven’t carved pumpkins and that my costume isn’t done. I didn’t buy enough fabric for the sleeves, so I can now only make one. I’ll have to try and come up with some other cool idea.

Special thanks also to my mom and Kindred Spirit for all of their help. It’s great to have such strong support. Thank you to all of you for your comments and support as well. As far as the depression goes, I think things are slowly lifting. Now I just need to feel better physically.

I must go now. I have an assignment to try and complete and a costume to try and sew. I promise I’ll slow down soon.

10 comments:

Deborah said...

What kind of medication are you taking? Is it for a cold or allergy or is it psychotropic medication? If you do not mind sharing that information... I hope you are feeling better.

CyberCelt said...

Happy Click and Comment Monday. Hope you get your medication problems resolved. Otherwise, maybe you should wear tie-dyed t-shirts, beads, headband and start saying "man" and "groovy" ... LOL

I will be hosting the Blogging Chicks on CoolAdzine on November 12. The theme will be inexpensive gift giving ideas or real time saving tips. If we share, we will all be blessed and relaxed this holiday.

Gwennaƫlle said...

Oh yes you got to stop:-) I wish we had a real Haloween here too. I mean we are having it but it is extremly commercial nothing like in anglo-saxon countries. Beside we don't have a propoer translation for "trick or treat". It always sounds silly when kids give a translation of it. And we definitely don't carve pumpkins :-(...

Wandering Coyote said...

I am also curious about the meds you're taking. If you're willing to share but not publicly, just send me an email. I take seroquel, amongst other things, and I think it actually does help wit the mood shifting and anxiety, and I haven't noticed any side effects.

Nikkie said...

we got some snow here today too, just intime for halloween!

Mike said...

Stopped by to wish you a Happy Halloween. Hope everything works for you and your new medication.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

Kaimor said...

you poor thing
maybe this will cheer you up
http://onlinemagictricks.blogspot.com

deb said...

The first anti-depressant I tried, thirteen years ago, did the same thing. When I closed my eyes to go to sleep the light show was amazing. It felt like I could see all of my brain circuits working. Although it was interesting at first, it did make it hard to sleep. I ended up trying another med. Hope your side effects subside.

Haley-O said...

I hope you find the right medication for you! In the meantime, enjoy the psychedelic trip.... ;) I'm glad to hear the depression's lifting. :)

Gardenia said...

I've forgotten how busy being a mom and wife is! Whew!

Maybe the meds make you feel as if you have a cold. If I have to take a pain killer stronger than aspirin, I'm stuffed up for two days.

I also took an antidepressant that did that light show thing - and also made me think the stripes in the grocery store parking lot where trying to swallow me alive. Then I had an unmentionable horrible stomach problem. The doctor thought it was all funny. I guess that's an appropriate story for Halloween, the weird doc & all. Then they chew a person out for being "non-compliant."

Anyway, good luck finding something you can tolerate!

Blog Archive