Friday, October 13, 2006

Five Ingredient Friday ~ Chicken Chip Casserole

Not that I should have to justify why I do things on my blog, but I sometimes feel like I should. I’ve been asked why I do the Five Ingredient Friday when it has nothing to do with Mental Illness. Well other than the fact it is fun and I enjoy reading the other receipts. It also has to do with parenting. Plus, I really dislike cooking and find planning meals to be a huge stress in my daily life. These receipts always help me. Anything that makes my life a little bit easier has more to do with mental health than you realize.




Here is the recipe for the meal that I messed up on Wednesday. Tip, check the expiration date on the can of soup before dumping it into frying pan.

Ingredients
  1. Boneless, skinless chicken breast
  2. Noodles
  3. Lemon pepper seasoning
  4. Can of cream (something) soup – I’ve used broccoli, cheese, chicken, cheese and broccoli
  5. Plain chips
  6. Grated Cheese blend – I’ve used Tex Mex, three cheese, Italiano

How to Prepare

  1. Pre heat oven to 375C
  2. Boil water
  3. Slice chicken into thin strips then cut into blocks
  4. Add noodles to boiling water
  5. Fry chicken in frying pan (Olive Oil works well)
  6. Season chicken with lemon pepper
  7. Once chicken is cooked, add half of the can of cream soup
  8. Once noodles are cooked, add the other half of the cream soup
  9. Sprinkle bottom of casserole dish with cheese blend
  10. Pour in noodles
  11. Top with chicken
  12. Mix lightly
  13. Crumble chips on top
  14. Sprinkle cheese on top
  15. Place in oven
  16. Cook for 15 minutes
  17. Broil on high for 5 minutes
  18. Cool and serve

To make your meal planning time easier and get some really great meal ideas, stop by Overwelmed with Joy to see who else has posted this week.

11 comments:

Pamela said...

Sounds wonderful! I am definitely going to give this a try this weekend. My favorite looking recipe this round! Take Care!

Nikkie said...

That does sound tastey!

Michelle said...

this sounds like a really delicious meal!

Larae said...

This sounds very yummy. I think I've had it before..or a version of it, and it was delicious. Thanks for sharing! =)

Jammy said...

Hey Brony,
I'm glad you're participating in the Fridays....I think it's fun too...hehe

Thanks for the recipe. It's so much more fun planning my menus WITH others. :)

Jenn

jumpinginpuddles said...

yumm

Kathleen Marie said...

This looks very yummy! I love chicken dishes. I will have the rules for my Ornament Exchange up tomorrow sometime! Thanks for stopping by. Opps, granddaughter is fussing, gotta run!!

The Mistress of the Dark said...

That's another good recipe. As I'm slowly learning how to cook I've been working my way through the Weekender Taste Of Home cookbooks and anything that 6, 5 or 4 ingredients or less. I made awesome Sante Fe Enchiladas last Saturday in less than 45 minutes.

Thomma Lyn said...

Mmm, that sounds delicious! Thanks for posting it. :)

Magi said...

Sounds yummy. I love chicken casseroles.

Overwhelmed! said...

Brony, thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange! The Chicken Dip Casserole sounds delicious!

Going forward, here's what I think I'm going to do. I'm going to change the name to "Favorite Ingredients Friday" and allow my participants to decide how many ingredients they want to post, while encouraging them to keep it as simple as possible. :) What do you think?

Blog Archive